problems with video-intel driver

davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz davidek at ipnp.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Aug 11 00:08:16 PDT 2007

Hello,

I finally tested my i855GM with the git master version (I did it on
8.8.2007). I only compiled the intel video driver, using the standard xorg (version7.2) and
libdrm (version 2.3.0) shipped with Debian Lenny. The newdriver is considerably
larger than the previous version, but the problem
(see below) still persist - after closing the lid the laptop freezes
completely. I also put the newest Xorg.0.log on the web:
http://www-ucjf.troja.mff.cuni.cz/~davidek/xorg/Xorg.0.log.inteldriver_git
(but I don't see much difference with respect the version 2.1 - see also below)

On the top of it, I noticed another problem (probably present already with
intel-2.1 driver). When suspending to RAM and recovering back, the Xwin system
does not restore properly although the VBEtool is installed. The feature is
that the Xorg system is "working", but most of X-applications inherrit black
background from the screen, thus only the frames are visible. With the previous
i810 driver, this was working well without any trouble.

Do you have any idea what's wrong or would you suggest another test to
be performed ? I know it sounds like a HW problem, but the previous i810
driver worked well.

Thanks a lot in advance for any hint,
           best regards
                                     Tomas