ADD2 card compatability?

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 06:35:52 PDT 2007

Hi,

apologies if this has already been asked before, but as there's a few
Intel employees on this list, and this is an Intel graphics-related
question, I thought I'd try here first.

I am getting a bit tired of the ghosting on my 1440x900 LCD monitor
that is connected via analog VGA to my G965-based motherboard
(DG965RY). This monitor has a DVI port and came with a free cable so
I'd like to purchase an ADD2 card to have a digital connection to my
monitor, hopefully improving display quality. I've found a few DVI-D
cards for about $20, including shipping, and I was wondering if there
was a good way to determine compatibility with my particular
motherboard.  I've never taken advantage of this particular aspect of
Intel Desktop Boards before, even though this is my second system
featuring one, so I don't really know what to buy here.

If it makes any difference with regards to the driver, it's
xf86-video-intel 2.1.0 on xorg-server 1.3 from Debian sid amd64.

--
Andrew Barr

We matter more than pounds and pence,
your economic theory makes no sense...