Q965 Dualhead Configuration

Cry Regarder cry_regarder at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 10:08:37 PDT 2007

I am trying to configure fedora 7 to support a dualhead configuration with two monitors.

have a Dell 1800 LCD hanging off the VGA port.  This monitor supports
1280x1024.  I have a Dell 2407WFP which runs at 1920x1200, 60hz on the
DVI port (ADD2 card).

I can either to work by itself if it is the only monitor plugged in.

If
I set up an almost blank xorg.conf (just set the driver to intel), I
get the two monitors in clone mode with the resolution set very
low.  If I modify that to set the virtual to 3200x1200, the 1280x1024
monitor works fine and the virtual desktop extends onto the 1920x1200
monitor (after adding it with xrandr), but that monitor stays black and
displays a note to configure computer for 1920x1200 @60hz.

The
man page for the intel driver says that the xorg.conf manpage tells how
to set up the monitor to section to support the xrandr outputs however
it doesn't!  I'd like to have the xrandr setup work, but be able to
tell xorg what the monitors look like.

I've tried the 2.0.0 and 2.1.0 intel drivers.

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks!

Cry