GMA965-X3100 woes

Jack Malmostoso malmostoso at email.it
Sun Aug 19 12:27:02 PDT 2007

> I couldn't get EXA to work -- when I tried it, my X server started
> segfaulting during login.

Here EXA works if I remove all options from the "Device" section. Actually
only "Cachelines" looks useful, "triple buffer" and "PageFlip" can be
removed. Not sure they were *ever* useful :)

> Have you tried restarting compiz (if you're running it)?  I don't
> remember ever getting two blank screens with a visible mouse cursor, but
> I've had one and a half blank screens with a visible mouse cursor.  A
> compiz restart helped me.

I'll try. I'll have to be lucky that the terminal window is in the
foreground ;)

> I think xrandr will tell you LVDS is at 1280x800.

It does.

> The intel driver
> doesn't support panning with the mouse, though, so you see the topmost
> half of the screen.
>
> You're talking about a clone mode, right?

Yes, clone mode. What bothers me the most is that if I put a window in
fullscreen, the window is 1280x800 and the resulting output on the VGA is
pretty funny with this cut fullscreen and the bottom of my desktop still
visible.

> > Is there a way to force two different maximum resolutions?
>
> It works for me with xrandr (and an occassional compiz restart).
>
> > Is MergedFB an option?
>
> xrandr 1.2 supersedes MergedFB.

Thought so.

> > jack at vasquez:~$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Mine is shorter: no options in the Device section, just a Virtual
> setting in the Screen section so that I could use xrandr to choose a
> resolution larger than 1280x800.

Could you post it or send it to me privately? I wouldn't mind checking it
out.

Thanks for your help, I'll try the compiz magic now!

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi giocare?In REGALO x te GPBikes 3D,Bubble Boom,Rock City Empire
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6731&d=20070819