color calibration and xvideo (xv)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Aug 23 00:35:15 PDT 2007

As a video system, like xv must, use a standard Yuv->RGB matrix anyway,
it is hopefully not a huge problem to exchange the standard values
against the specific monitor ones.

Are additional atoms a good way to communicate to the xv system? Or is
a appropriate API already available and it is up to the video player
to configure xv properly?

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann

PS: please put my adress in the cc.