Possible problem with inputproto-1.4.2

Marty Jack martyj19 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 23 16:58:50 PDT 2007

If you're finishing things up for the 7.3 release, this may be something
of interest.
I find that configuring inputproto 1.4.2 gives

checking for gawk... gawk
./configure: line 1663: XORG_RELEASE_VERSION: command not found
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating inputproto.pc

and that first doing an "autoreconf" fixes it.  This doesn't occur with
1.4.1.  I am on automake 1.10, autoconf 2.61.  It does not appear to do
any harm to the build result.

- Marty