945GM <-> 965GM: DRI-error "AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed(EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering" on 965GM

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Mon Aug 27 02:29:17 PDT 2007

			Hello out there.

After review of the failure to load the i965_dri driver, it turned out
that the effect is specific to the 965GM chip we are using in a Dell
D830 laptop.

Attached are two small logfile snippets showing the difference in the
Xorg.log between the D820 (945GM, loads i915tex_dri) and the D830
(965GM, tries to load i965_dri).

Regarding the log as a whole, there were no obvious failure messages I
could see.

			greets,
			  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion