NUM Lock and SCROLL Lock not working

Puneet Goel puneet.maillist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:20:26 PDT 2007

Hello All,

I am running xorg 7.2 in my AMD Geode (LX) system. I am facing a weird
problem. The NUM lock of my keyboard is not working with this configuration.
CAPS lock is working normal. I have checked my keyboard in other system
configurations too. It is not a problem with the keyboard. It is working
perfectly all right. Even in my system (AMD Geode) the NUM lock is working
perfectly before starting X. But after starting the X the NUM lock causes a
problem.

When i reboot and issue through command line (xsetnumlock) it seems to work
but during normal operation it doesn't work. NUM Lock keyboard light does
not switch on at all however NUM Keypad is working always.

Any pointers why this is happening. Also i have seen that SCROLL Lock key
doesn't work (even in normal FC7 linux distro) what's the reason. However
scroll lock works in MS windows system.

any hints ?

I am attaching my xorg.conf with this mail.

Thanks
Siddharth Kapur

ps: mine is a customized distro and not a standard distribution.