xf86-video-ati randr-1.2 branch on PowerBook5,4 with RV350

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Thu Aug 30 01:29:48 PDT 2007

Michel Dänzer <michel at tungstengraphics.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 23:16 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
>>
>> Can you grab the latest code from git and add:
>>
>> Option "MacModel" "powerbook"
>>
>> to the device section of your config and verify that everything works
>> correctly?
>
> I suspect it should rather be "powerbook-duallink" - it's one of the
> later PowerBook models.

My PowerBook is lateish, but not that late.  The keyboard and trackpad
are still ADB, for example.

Here's the connector table that works for me, which I believe Alex
labelled as "Internal TMDS".

        Option "ConnectorTable" "2,2,2,1,3,0,0,3"

When I tried MacModel I got the following error and the server failed to
start.

        (EE) RADEON(0): Invalid ConnectorTable option: powerbook

Which is a bit odd, because I really did write:

        Option "MacModel" "powerbook"

And ditto for "powerbook-duallink".

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood