xf86-video-intel crashes server in current git [was: Re: xorg git: vt switch crashes/restarts server]

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Thu Aug 30 09:49:26 PDT 2007

Jens Stroebel wrote:
> 			Hello.
>
> When trying to switch from Xorg to console and back, at the arrival back
> on the xorg vt, the server gets terminated.
> Most of the times, this results in having no possibility to use the
> consoles again afterwards, as they show part of what was on the Xorg
> screen or deep black instead of their actual content.
>
> Last known good (where this did not happen):
> 	all-from-git versions from 2007-08-20
> 	 ( 2007-0823 already crashes at switch )

Issue has been followed to be caused by xf-video-intel; bisection was -
unfortunately - impossible due to 2 build-issues:

- src/common.h does not play nice with build at some point
- one of the builds gives me a completely black screen
	( c6e637cd683dc60567b3b4f69b7f2b4c338c89ea ) ->
	 git bisect good ?
	 git bisect bad ?
	  how to decide...(different symptom) ?

			greets,
			  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion