xf86-video-intel crashes server in current git [was: Re: xorg git:vt switch crashes/restarts server]

Jens Stroebel dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
Fri Aug 31 01:20:54 PDT 2007

Wu, Nian wrote:
> Jens Stroebel wrote:
>
> What's your xserver version? You need attach the xorg log here.

xserver from git, no-pci-rework branch.
I would have attached the xorg log, but it is empty, meaning the
crashing server does not write to it.
Last thing to be seen is the vt switch away from it.

> We has no any problem. Now we use xf86-video-intel tip and xserver
> "no-pci-rework" branch.
> Three days ago, we use intel driver tip+xserver master tip.

This is unfortunate with regards to the solution; however, I can
reproduce it with clean installs of xorg-git-2007-08-23 -
xorg-git-2007-08-30 (no-pci-rework) on Dell latitude D820 + D830
(intel 945GM +intel 965GM).

		greets,
		  jens
dr-xorg at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion