Request to reconfigure the list with [xorg] in subject line

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Dec 3 14:47:26 PST 2007

On 2007/12/03 16:31 (GMT-0500) Matthew Garrett apparently typed:

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> This is a pretty standard convention that most lists use, and I would
>> very much appreciate it if this list was configured to follow that
>> convention as well.
> It tends to end up in some sort of indescribable mess whenever there's
> crossposting between two lists with this convention.

As so few lists fail to prohibit crossposting, there's really no excuse for
that to happen. Before sending each sender can, and should, remove any that
don't belong.

I'm on around 40 mailing lists, most of which have a [something] identifier,
of which most are more than 7 characters. The 7 characters represented by an
[xorg] appended is a pittance much preferred to the disadvantages of its
absence.
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409