Intel PAL TV out on Aopen i945GMm-HL - slight chroma flicker on svideo output

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Dec 4 21:39:26 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 15:43 +1100, Robert Lowery wrote:

> In essence, I believe the raster being generated is a bit too small,
> resulting in black borders etc.  Do you know what some of the magic
> numbers in i830_tv.c are for (eg 32, 33, 64 and 96 below)

The TV encoder doesn't use the normal CRTC mechanism, so these are all
just fake values designed to report the right refresh rate to the
application. You should be able to frob them without any visible effect.

For your 576p at 50.0 hz, if you can figure out what's wrong with the
signal, I can read through the docs and figure out how to fix it.
Without knowing what's wrong, just frobbing values may take a long time
to fix it.

keith.packard at intel.com