New input hotness not happening for 1.5

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Wed Dec 5 11:24:24 PST 2007

Hi,
Despite putting in the XDS2007 notes that input transformation, XKB 2
and Xi 2 would happen for 1.5, they just aren't going to, to be honest.
Doing these sensibly requires some fairly sweeping changes to the way we
_process_ events (input-hotplug was all about how we generate them) that
also requires sorting out the interactions with MPX, particularly the
grab bits, which are going to be tough.  That and I badly need a break.

I'll try to get them done for 1.6; if 1.5 branches off in Feb, then that
means I'll just always be working off master from when I start anyway.
Sorry about this.

Cheers,
Daniel