Unable to create a redirected window with a rgba-colormap

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Sat Dec 8 09:19:58 PST 2007

Am Sonntag, den 09.12.2007, 00:31 +1100 schrieb Russell Shaw:

> > 	I really tried this by pure chance as there is nothing in the man-page
> > of XCreateWindow() hinting someone towards this. This makes me wonder
> > again how anybody can properly learn developing against X11.
>
> You really need the "XLIB Programming Manual".
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Programming-Manual-Definitive-Guides-Window/dp/1565920023/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197120206&sr=8-1
>
> also "XLIB Reference Manual R5":
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Reference-Manual-Definitive-Guides-Window/dp/1565920066/ref=pd_sim_b_title_1

	Aren't those X11R5-related book heavily out-dated? Under Linux we are
at X11R7 and things like Xcomposite, Xrender, Xfixes, Xdamage, Xrandr
etc. are not covered by these books.

	Does anybody know, if there are updated editions of these books,
covering all the new X11-extensions, planned or available?

> also useful, "OpenGL Programming for the X Window System":
>
> http://www.amazon.com/OpenGL-Programming-X-Window-System/dp/0201483599/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197120535&sr=1-1

That might be more worthwhile.

Best regards...

Mirco