Updating the wiki and other issues

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Tue Dec 11 14:18:39 PST 2007

Jon Grosshart wrote:
> Greets all. I'm interested in whipping this page into shape.
>
> http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Releases/ModuleVersions
>
> It hasn't been updated for 7.3 and if you compare what IS listed there,
> it doesn't jive with what tarballs can be found at:
>
> hxxp://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.{1,2}

Sorry - I  haven't had a chance to update it for 7.3 - I'd be happy if
others did.    I originally created it via a script going over the output
of the tarballs in the website, I'm not sure how discrepancies crept in.

> For instance, xf86-video-wsfb... What's up with this guy? It's listed as
> a part of 7.2 on the wiki but is no where to be found in
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.2/src/driver/ .

Since it doesn't build on Linux (it's a BSD/Solaris version of fbdev), it
often gets overlooked by the release managers.

> On a related note, I'm not sure what's up with xf86-video-i810 in 7.3...
> If it was dropped or possibly even merged with xf86-video-intel, then
> why isn't it listed in
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.3/src/deprecated/ ?

It was simply renamed to -intel.   -i810 is no more deprecated than
-ati 6.5, it's just replaced by a newer version.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com