Updating the wiki and other issues

Jon Grosshart jgrosshart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:47:42 PST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 5:41 PM, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2007 2:23 PM, Jon Grosshart <jgrosshart at gmail.com> wrote:

> there,
> > it

> > > Not addressing the possibly deprecated modules, you can find the 7.3list
> > here:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.3
> > >
> > > I've been trying to keep the 7.4 list up to date, but it's about a
> > > month since I went through xorg-announce to update things:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Releases/7.4
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dan
> >
> > The 7.3 link is what I've been referring to when I decided to make the
> jump
> > to 7.3 yesterday. That and the download server of course. I was looking
> thru
> > 'picklist' on my webserver and noticed that it now has some minor
> breakage
> > with the release of 7.3...
> >
> > I don't know how you guys do it Dan. My ultimate goal with picklist was
> > come up with the blfs wget files consistently and accurately but it's
> just
> > not happening at present.
>
> It's a lot of manual effort at the moment, nothing as sophisticated as
> your script. That was part of the reason why I've been trying to stay
> on top of the wiki for 7.4. Alan has done a nice job on the wiki, but
> stuff just slips through. Your best bet is just to stay on top of the
> releases when they happen:
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/

Ugh..... Yea.... Umm... The whole reason for picklist... If I can get
someone or something to do it for me, all the better... :-) The idea is
sound anyway. I just need a tiny, tiny push from the Xorg folks is all. That
or come up with a re-write which I really don't want to do.

> <http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/>
>
> That said, I think there's a lot of duplicated effort here.

I agree. It's not a very good feeling really.

> I'd
> personally like to see a canonical list of tarballs in git, rather
> than on the wiki. Something like this:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tree/xorg.modules
>
> but with the released versions rather than always pointing to git.

Yep, so would I and that's a start atleast. Thanks for the link.

Jon