Major stability issues with xf86-video-intel 2.2.0 when using Xv

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Thu Dec 13 03:23:46 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:24 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:

> I'm working on a 2.2.1 release now to address these types of problems.  The
> only Xv related change I can think of was to avoid crashes on some machines
> where if you used Xv and exited the server you'd get a crash; I can't think
> of anything else that would cause the problem you're seeing.  Is there a bug
> filed?

Just commenting for the record, I've found that S3 suspend-to-ram is
currently broken with intel 2.2.0, xserver 1.4.1, linux 2.6.23, mesa
7.0.2 on intel 82855 GME.  Upon resume, the system freezes blank.  It
had reached successful operation recently with intel 2.1.0.  I switched
on the new kernel SUSPEND option which is supposed to help S3 suspend in
kernel drivers.

I think you've indicated this may be fixed in git, which I haven't had
the chance to test yet, so I'm commenting just to mark the current
status in the stable releases :)

Drew