blank screen on LVDS when VGA connected

Ben E. Hard bve at gmx.de
Mon Dec 17 03:24:50 PST 2007

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2007 schrieb Ben E. Hard:
> Hi,
>
> when I have a VGA-Monitor connected to my Sony Vaio Laptop (PCG-R600 HFPD),
> the internal LVDS gets deactivated. I tried all the xrandr --output
> LVDS --left-of VGA stuff, nothing changes. System: debian lenny,
> xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.1.0-2 (now trying with xserver-xorg-video-intel
> 2.2.0-1 from debian unstable). However, kde thinks, that there is a second
> monitor, where it can put my applications, which I cannot see than.
>
> The tool i810switch or i810rotate permits me to reactivate the internal
> monitor, giving me a clone of the other. xrandr -q shows me, that I can
> disconnect the ouptut VGA with i810rotate, but not the LVDS, which is
> always shown as "connected" in xrandr -q.

Still not found any solution, but as I can see with i810switch, the internal
display get's deactivated through xrandr --output LVDS --left-of VGA.
i810switch tells me, that CRT (the ext. output) is activated, while lcd is
deactivated after executing the xrandr-command.

When I try to change the crtc with xrandr --output LVDS --crtc 0 X crashes.

Find the Xorg.0.log at http://nopaste.debianforum.de/7142

Greetings,
Ben