Problems with evdev driver for keyboard

Dmitry Dzhus mail at sphinx.net.ru
Wed Dec 26 03:35:35 PST 2007

Michael Olbrich <michael-olbrich at web.de> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 25, 2007 at 06:54:35PM +0300, Dmitry Dzhus wrote:
>> The bad thing is that keyboard stops working *right after* I type in
>> my login/password in GDM (that's for G desktop manager, I don't use
>> GNOME though). I *can* still zap the X server with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
>> or switch to terminals using Ctrl-Alt-F1. That make thing even
>> weirder.
>
> What WM are you using? I had similar problems when KDE changed the
> XkbModel to something other than evdev.

I use wmii.

Weird thing is that GNOME _could_ see the keyboard and *almost* all of
the extra keys with 1.1.5 evdev driver.

Now I've upgraded to 1.2.0 evdev and keyboard doesn't work with it at
all (currently I've rolled back to `keyboard` driver with
`XkbModel` set to `microsoftprousb` and some of extra keys work even in
wmii out of the box).
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru