Reminder to vote for Foundation Board

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Sun Dec 30 01:29:58 PST 2007

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 01:43:17AM -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 11:02:50PM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 01:11:47PM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> > > This is just a gentle reminder to X.Org Foundation members
> > > that there are about 2 days left to vote in the current
> > > X.Org Foundation Board election.  Please visit
> > > http://members.x.org to vote.  I've attached the previous
> > > election announcement.
> >
> > This is all rather awkward timing. Is there a statutary reason for
> > ending the election in 2007?
> >
> > I can imagine that a lot of people will be in places without access to
> > the interweb, or that there are people who do not check (for
> > instance) their work email during this period. Those people will be
> > rather surprised to find these election emails in their mailbox on
> > january 2nd, or even worse, january 7th, this no matter how many
> > reminders they get sent.

I can only second that!

> WADR, this argument already got made... a month ago.  Did it not?

I'm not aware of the election period being mentioned anytime before
the announcement for itself on Fri Dec 21. Could you provide some
reference for your statement?

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany