how to compile Xgl?

techservio techservio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 08:37:37 PST 2007

OK, if not for the Xgl, what are the other ways to improve performance of GUI
with DRI?

I use Xorg from git and the settings are:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Card0"
Driver      "radeon"
VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
BoardName   "RV350 AP [Radeon 9600]"
BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"

Option"ColorTiling""on"

Option"EnablePageFlip""true"
Option"AccelMethod" "EXA"
Option"XAANoOffscreenPixmaps"
EndSection

The GL works fine, as I can see it, but the GUI  is terribly  slow.
If I set:
Option"AccelMethod" "XXA"
,the то GUI works well, but the fonts are disturted.
Am I missing  some settings, which have to be done in the xorg.conf ?

I also tried to install the  xorg 7.3 from tarballs. I this case fonts are
displayed properly, however some
black areas are blinking  before any display element (like menu item or a
pop up window) is displayed. The same is happening, for example, when I
scroll  a webpage in a browser.

Any partial help is welcome

the xorg.conf is enclosed  http://www.nabble.com/file/p14559430/xorg.conf
xorg.conf