Need help

Zephaniah E. Hull warp at aehallh.com
Sun Feb 4 10:07:16 PST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 03:01:00PM +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 03:46:33PM +0100, Uwe Konrad wrote:
> Hi,
> This is because you're not actually allowed to have scancodes higher
> than 255 as per the spec: any keyboard which does is violating the spec
> and quietly hoping for the best.

This is, not actually entirely accurate.

The Linux HID codes for KEY_FN_F1 and friends is above 255.
xf86-input-keyboard simply doesn't handle this, xf86-input-evdev does
not currently handle this.

> Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what the best solution is here.

I'm not sure about best solutions, however I have a plan to kludge
around it in xf86-input-evdev for the 1.3 X server release, however it
is a solution that simply won't work, at all, for 1.2 or earlier, as it
requires the ability for multiple keyboards to have different keymaps.

It is also sadly going to be at least somewhat in the future.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
	  1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp at aehallh.com>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801