synaptics driver on xorg git

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Feb 5 01:17:44 PST 2007

Hanno Böck wrote:
> I'm now successfully running latest xorg-server and mesa git. Is anyone still
> working on porting the synaptics driver to it?

Not that I know of. I can build/use the synaptics driver fine but I
needed to "hack" up a .la file in order for it to load correctly.

I believe this .la file is created automatically by libtools and that
this is a requirement of the latest xorg-server?

I posted a bug about this on the qsyncaptics bugtracker as I could not
find a suitable resource/tracker for the driver itself, but have not
received any feed back yet.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1636905&group_id=109859&atid=654800

Col.