input transformations

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Sun Feb 4 21:27:24 PST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 03:59 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 06:26:13PM -0500, David Reveman wrote:
> > I spent some time this week trying to add support for input
> > transformations to the server. I tried a few different approaches. The
> > patches I've attached are what's currently working best for me.
>
> Hi David,
> This looks largely fine to me: my only comments are that adding your
> request in the middle of the request numbering breaks the wire protocol,
> and that you need to account for Device* events as well, including
> making whatever modifications are necessary to the DeviceValuator
> events.

Yes, the request numbering was sort of a hack as I didn't know what
we're going to do with those last two composite requests that as far as
I know never got implemented on client or server side. Are we keeping
those or was adding them to protocol spec a mistake?

I'll look at the Device* events next.

- David