overwriting text in xterm

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Feb 10 17:34:45 PST 2007

Sometime a few months ago I started getting overlapping text in xterms.

I don't think I see it in other applications. I haven't tested other
terminals yet.

I am not sure what changed.

I have attached a screenshot that shows the bottom of an xterm. It was
running "top".

I see this frequently on my screen in different xterms.

I am running:

NetBSD/i386 3.99.24
Xorg 7.1.99.903
libX11-1.1
xterm-208nb2
libICE-0.99.1
libXau-1.0.0
libXaw-1.0.1
libXdmcp-1.0.1
libXext-1.0.1
libXmu-1.0.2
libXpm-3.5.4.2
libXt-0.99.2
libxcb-1.0

I had this problem with some older versions of different components too.

(I need to update some of this.)

Anyone seen anything like this attached screenshot?

Ignore the overlapping window on the left. I am talking about the text
itself on the bottom that is overwriting itself.

  Jeremy C. Reed