modules does not exist

Thibaud Hulin hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 13 02:56:01 PST 2007

Before reading your answer (thank you very much), I installed these
packages from the server : xf86-input-keyboard, mouse, video-neomagic.
After that, I did links to wacom and synaptics when you suggested me,
and because I couldn't find them on the server. Links goes from
/lib/local/lib/X11/drivers to /lib/X11/drivers, but just for the wacom
and the synaptics drivers.
Indeed, I used a .deb version, and I did not uninstall it. Is it dangerous ?

So, when I launch X, I haven't the same error message :
(EE) NEOMAGIC(0): No valid modes found
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

Thibaud