Intel graphics driver -- thanks!

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Feb 19 08:43:30 PST 2007

On Feb 19, 07 11:57:59 +0000, Ian Grant wrote:
> Support from distributed Linux is poor though. Drivers shipped with the
> latest Fedora and SUSE have a bug that affects 1600x1200 displays and
> means we have to drive displays using analog. And if we use the i810
> driver we lose text-mode consoles due to another bug, so we have to run
> displays with the vesafb driver.

Bug numbers on bugzilla.novell.com for openSUSE?

> I would be interested to try the modesetting branch of the i810 driver
> to see of these problems are fixed but I cannot find any information on
> how to build it. Can anyone point me to instructions on how to take a

We ship a version of the modesetting branch named as i810beta. So you
can try out that one first. Given the speed of development in this
branch, you might run into troubles with this older version, though.

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __