CRAY bitfield support in protocol headers: does anyone care?

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Tue Feb 27 22:02:01 PST 2007

It's not likely that people here don't complain about this here if
noone here has access to such an architecture. And I don't know how
many of these beasts are still around. But I don't think this community
is representative for the community that is into these architectures.

It will certainly take a while before stuff done here has penetrated
from here down to these architectures but it is not unlikely that
this may eventually happen. Then - when this support is gone -
the surprise for people to get it to run there will be rather
unpleasant.
I would think the client side would be more important than the server
side though.

Cheers,
	Egbert.