How to get server-1.2-branch by git ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Jan 4 21:50:33 PST 2007

Hi!
  Sorry for a luser's question... But I can't find how to use git to fetch
server-1.2-branch to my local directory to be able to compile it.
  I was trying many attempts either to fetch/clone it directly or to clone
a master and then pull from server-1.2-branch, but I probably can't find an
exact combination of commands and their parameters to get it working.
  Some commands looked promising, like
  git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
  and then
  git pull . server-1.2-branch
  but there were many conflicts, which finally made it to fail.
  Excuse me again for being so stupid. I'm gracefully working with both cvs
and svn, but git is probably over my capabilities :-).

            WIth regards, Pavel Troller