extremely slow mouse reaction

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Fri Jan 5 10:34:31 PST 2007

On Dec 21, 06 00:55:23 +0100, Markus Heller wrote:
> My mouse simply barely reacts. It is as if the display would refresh every few
> seconds only. When I move the mouse it takes 3-4 seconds until I see any
> result. And then, the pointer will not move over to the new position but it
> will jump and be right there.

To me software pointer would come to mind, but that will never ever take
3-4 seconds.
You could test with
  evtest /dev/input/event*
(you have to select the correct event device) whether events are
delivered to the kernel at a fast pace, or whether the problem persists
already there. In that case it would be a kernel issue.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de