Single Board Computer for HD XVideo?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jan 5 18:50:22 PST 2007

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 19:41:05 +0100 Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de> babbled:

> On Jan 02, 07 19:37:15 +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 01:49:39AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> > > because i can't overlay and blend multiple videos at high resolution.
> > Why would anyone want to do that?
>
> Well, I have quite some imagination for possible use cases, like
> - user interfaces
> - 3D color glass display
>
> etc.
>
> XV engines will go away soon anyways.
>
> > > "overlays" of osd's and underlays etc. won't be limited to yuv 422 etc.
> >
> > Er, you do know that the backing colourkey thing lets you do this
> > without touching the video stream at all, right?  This is what
> > colourkeys are _for_.
>
> Not possible if you want to have antialiasing.
> And you WANT to have antialiasing ;)

most definitely want AA. colorkeying is just awful. it reminds me of bluescreen
effects from the 1980's. :) we can do better. when video stops being some
special colorkeys overlay thing you open up a world of options you didn't have
before in being able to display it, manipulate it, etc. you don't have to live
with the u and v planes being 1/2 res for overlays so menus and other osd
elements on top look decent instead of nasty.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)