Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Otto Solares solca at guug.org
Mon Jan 8 11:10:42 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:48:21PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Well my Mesa now uses fno-strict-aliasing too as a build flag but it
> does not appear to work. Same symptoms as before. Any more ideas?

I had exactly the same problem many months ago when Debian Sid
doesn't have a recent libdrm and mesa to run beryl in r200 hw
with the open source driver.

If I remember correctly the problem lies in differences between
GLX code in the X server and in the client (libGL).

You should rebuild libdrm, glproto, mesa, X server (correctly
pointing the X server to the mesa source) taking in consideration
the PKG_CONFIG_PATH when building and adding your libdrm and libGL
path to /etc/ld.so.conf.

Too take a look to Debian's X server sources as they have some
AIGLX patches plus other goodies.  Now Debian's X is beryl
capable so I don't run from compiled sources and time have
passed since I have that white cube. HTH.

-otto