Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 8 16:33:25 PST 2007

Otto Solares wrote:
> Now that you mention this and if I remember correctly the cause
> for the white cube in compiz/beryl was the protocol number change
> for GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.  I have never seen it again so I
> don't know if it's the same problem but it is related IMO.
>
> Colin: could you double check that you rebuild with the correct
> glproto?  How are you building your Xorg components, with the
> modular script or manually?  Hint: PKG_CONFIG_PATH could be
> pointing to an old glproto or libdrm.

Just bundled glproto 1.4.8 and rebuilt mesa 6.5.2. Currently building
xorg 7.2 RC3 and will then rebuild driver + comiz or beryl to do the
final test.

Will let you know in half an hour or so.

FWIW, I'm only building RPMs from specs so no old versions of libs are
on the system at all and all the prefixes are just /usr.

Col.