Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jan 9 07:01:31 PST 2007

Kamran Riaz Khan wrote:
> Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Erm, you could try running the xserver you've just built.... the one in
>> your log appears to be the stock Redhat one...
>>
> I had been just compiling and installing the xserver module. So now I'm
> compiling the whole xorg-7.2-rc3 to check if things work. Will let the
> ML know if they do.

I don't think you were just installing the xserver module.

I only downloaded the xserver module too but when I compile it and
install it, it is what is started. You were clearly starting an older
xserver, perhaps you installed your version into /usr/local/bin and the
system one is in /usr/bin and thus get's run by your $PATH first?

Col.