xf86-drivers-video-intel: How to use MergedFB sweetness on 965GM

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jul 2 23:21:35 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 17:33 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> Ugly explanation - if I just had a screenshot it'd be easier. Whatever
> reaches what X considers to be the rightmost usable pixed on the LVDS
> gets stretched to the actual physical rightmost pixel. And same at the
> bottom of the screen.

Are you seeing the LVDS pixels get scrambled? If so, I'll see what I can
come up with; I suspect the scaler isn't getting turned on correctly.

The output of 'xrandr --verbose' would be useful in this case.

> BTW, I've updated my kernel to 2.6.22-rc5 and the intelfb no longer
> likes vga=791 - who looks after that? David Airlie's tree of intelfb
> patches hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Yeah, I haven't managed to get any frame buffer driver to load at all
over the last several kernel revs. No idea what's going on.

keith.packard at intel.com