[CentOS] "driconf" to try to solve "texture size" problem with beryl+radeon+dualhead+mergefb

ArcosCom Linux User linux at arcoscom.com
Wed Jul 4 02:12:17 PDT 2007

Yes, with the MergedFB parameter and with a Virtual size of 2960x1050
(LAPTOP 1680x1050 + external LCD 1280x1024).

DRI is working fine, the problem is that, with the laptop LCD only
(1680x1050) beryl works like a charm, but when I boot with the external
LCD connected, I have that message (and glxinfo shows me that Direct
Rendering is working.

glxinfo shows me that DRI is working too when I have the external LCD
working.

I want to play with driconf to see if I can solve this problem, as I read
that with that util you can change some DRI parameters, but I don't know
what parameters I need to change (I really don't know how DRI works and/or
what parameters have and what values they have).

As a note, I have GARTSize device option with value 64. If I increase that
value, the DRI is disabled automatically.

Thanks