"driconf" to try to solve "texture size" problem with beryl+radeon+dualhead+mergefb

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Wed Jul 4 05:22:33 PDT 2007

ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
> I have a Radeon X600.
>
> I don't stand fine how I can change that "things" you said. Could you
>  explain a bit how can I change that parameters? What configuration
> files / programs must I change/run? How?
Well as said it's not possible to increase the max announced texture
size beyond 2048. You've got a r300-based chip, so you don't have the
allow large texture option in driconf, this is r100/r200 only as r300
always announces the maximum.

> As I said, I have no knowledge about Xorg graphics architecture or
> any graphics related parameters.
>
> I can change any xorg parameter, or any configuration file using your
>  help (or any link that anybody post here). But I think, at this
> point, my xorg.conf is well configured (thanks to the xorg buys for
> their help) and must be any other configuration file or perhaps I
> must think in wait for a new beryl release or a new driver release. I
>  don't know yet.
There is nothing you can do. At least your chip shouldn't suffer from
the 3d coordinate limit, maybe a future beryl release will do the trick.

Roland

> El Mie, 4 de Julio de 2007, 11:04, Roland Scheidegger escribió:
>> ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
>>> As some e-mails ago, I'm trying to play beryl in my laptop.
>>>
>>> I successfully configured my xorg.conf (thanks to the comunity for the
>>> help that allowed me that).
>>>
>>> The problem:
>>>
>>> When I boot the laptop without external LCD/CRT, beryl is working fine,
>>> but when I boot it with the external, it recognice fine the external LCD
>>> and don't want to allow beryl run.
>>>
>>> What beryl says:
>>> Checking maximum texture size                   : failed
>>>
>>> Root window size (2960/1050) is bigger then maximum texture size
>>> (2048x2048)
>>> Searching the web I readed that with "driconf" util I can try to solve
>>> the
>>> problem. I had installed driconf 0.9.1 successfully, but I don't know