Xt Problem

Henry dimensiondude.oss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:07:07 PDT 2007

I am not sure if this is the correct mailing list to be posting it,
but it was the closest I could see. If this is the wrong one, which
one should this question be posted to?

I am encountering a problem with Xt's input handling. It seems that
whenever a socket receives input, Xt stops poll()ing that and all the
other sockets/pipes it is polling (except one). If there are no other
events pending, Xt will call the input handler I designated.
Otherwise, it never gets called.

This is happening in InitFds, which is called by _XtWaitForSomething.
Before the input on the socket, InitFds sets the structure containing
the input socket/pipe information to have 7 of these. After the input
on the socket, InitFds sets the structure to only have one socket/pipe.

Is there any reason this might be happening? Possibly due to using a
custom main loop?