Avivo (r500) driver status

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:25:27 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Nathanael D. Noblet <nathanael at gnat.ca> wrote:
> Jerome Glisse wrote:
>
> > This is with lastest source ? Strange did you make clean and rebuild
> > everythings. I don't see why there is no crtc. Relaunch under gdb once
> > it sigsegv do:
> > bt
> > frame 1
> > print config[0]
> >
> > and paste  the output thanks.
> >

> Did the output help with anything? I've updated to the latest again, but
> haven't tested recently. Just wondering if the latest output I sent was
> at all useful...

Did you compile by yourself X (xserver) ? If so then i am pretty sure now that
your problem come from a the compilation picking from X header while
compiling new code which endup in aliasing parameter and finaly to the
good old segfault. I think there is an issue somewhere in the Xorg building
script which make this kind of things not trivial to detect. But in case you
use your distro supplied xserver please give distro information.

best,
Jerome Glisse