i915 dual screen setup problem

Teodor Robas teodor.robas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:14:17 PDT 2007

Hello,

I try to setup a new installed slackware 12 to work with 2 separate
desktops.
First, I tryed the old xorg.conf with "i810" driver and it seems that failed
because of "RightOf" usage in conf file.

Then I switched to "intel" driver but I still have pretty much the same
screen on both desktops
(the same screen of 1440x1280 showed partialy on each of 2 displays of
1440x900 and 1280x1024).
Plus a system hung if I try to go into console with Ctrl+Alt+F1. Or even
when going init 6 from x.

What I want to know mostly, is if it is even possible to do this, or I have
to go back to slackware 11.

I tryed to get this working for allmost a week, I even tryied to post on
this list
(I do not know if that message was received due to large attachements), and
I run out of ideeas now.

Some of the files, that may be usefull, are posted here:

-- the old xorg.conf from slakware 11:
http://tadelos.ro/xorg/xorg.conf-20070708

-- various files when trying i810 and intel drivers
http://tadelos.ro/xorg/
http://tadelos.ro/xorg/with_intel_driver/

Regards,
Teodor