[avivo] Error reading EDID

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 16:34:47 PDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Nicolas Trangez <eikke at eikke.com> wrote:
> Hija,
>
> As I need to run xserver from git to work on some project, I haven't
> been able to get fglrx running with it yet and I'm stuck with a
> X1600-based laptop, I wanted to try to get the Avivo drivers working.
>
> This fails though, appareantly somewhere during attempts to read the
> EDID information from my panels.
>
> Attached you can find the xorg.conf.new I'm using, this is
> auto-generated using X -config, then changing the font path manually.
> You can also find the corresponding Xorg log file (xserver is compiled
> with debugging enabled), and the output file of get-edid. Here's the
> corresponding lspci output (once without, once with -n):
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M56P [Radeon
> Mobility X1600] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>         Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 10b2
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
>         Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
>         I/O ports at b000 [size=256]
>         Memory at fdff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>         Expansion ROM at fdfc0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
>         Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
>         Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint IRQ 0
>         Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+
> Queue=0/0 Enable-
>
> 00:01.0 0604: 8086:27a1 (rev 03)
>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
>         Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
>         I/O behind bridge: 00009000-0000bfff
>         Memory behind bridge: fdf00000-fdffffff
>         Prefetchable memory behind bridge:
> 00000000bdf00000-00000000dde00000
>         Capabilities: [88] #0d [0000]
>         Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 2
>         Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit-
> Queue=0/0 Enable
> -
>         Capabilities: [a0] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Both xserver and the avivo driver are
> from anongit some hours ago, built using jhbuild. I'm using an Asus W3J
> laptop, 1280x768 LFP, external VGA 1280x1024 Samsung TFT.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nicolas

Would help to get a true backtrace make sure avivo is build with
-g3 cflags and run xserver under gdb and provide bt output and
relevant print of value (like printing out what value is
avivo->lfp_fixed_mode in avivo_output_lfp_get_modes).

Btw it seems that it fails in some xserver function called
byavivo_output_lfp_get_modes either xf86DeleteMode or
xf86DuplicateMode, i did not check that this last function check
for NULL mode ptr maybe this that.

best,
Jerome Glisse