Intel driver

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Tue Jul 17 16:23:32 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 03:15:40PM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Thanks Lukas.  So if you use Option "Tiling" "false" your 915 overlay
> works?  And does textured video also work with tiling and framebuffer
> compression disabled?
>
> Hopefully disabling both fixes both video problems, otherwise I've
> broken things worse than I thought. :)

Yes, disabling tiling fixes both problems. On the other hand, disabling tiling
causes that back buffer nor depth buffer is tiled. In the previous versions of
the driver, these two buffers were tiled.

But if you fix the tiling, it would be great.

Btw, you commented somewhere in the driver, that i915 chipset is able to
compress only Plane A, if I understand correctly. But on laptops with i915GM
is only Plane B used usually, so the compression cannot be applied?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek