XShape Extension

Trevor Linton tlinton at xmission.com
Tue Jul 24 19:35:39 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm new to development with the X server, i'm playing with Xlib, Xext
and non-rectangular windows.  I'm trying to make the translucent
portions of the non-rectangular window to pass thru the pointer events
to well, whatever might be behind it.

I've reviewed what documentation i've been able to find and thought
you could create a mask for the window regions using
XShapeCombineMask, however i'm not sure if this is the correct
direction.

Could someone help point me in the correct direction or hand me off
some manual information on XShape extension? I haven't found anything
other than simple manual pages which describe less than the header
files.