GATOS-TV-Out-Code now relicensed

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Wed Jul 25 05:03:33 PDT 2007

Hi,

Good news, all people who touched the Gatos TV-Out Code in the past agreed
with relicensing the code under a MIT-license.
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/radeonTV

Now, current status is: r200-support seems to work for most people, no
r300-support at all.

Next steps would be:
- Adapt the latest patch (attached to the gentoo bug) to the current git-code
- Change all GPL-Information to MIT, add others that worked on it to the
copyright-info.
I'll try to do that in the next days (some rejects on radeon_driver.c at the
moment). But if others want to step in first, feel free.

After that, some of the core ati/radeon-devs should take a look at the code
and give some comment on it. And maybe some day we can merge it and have at
least for some cards basic tv out support.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: hanno at hboeck.de