Intel 965GM issues

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Wed Jul 25 10:57:03 PDT 2007

On Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:35 pm, nikosapi wrote:
> I guess what I'm asking is, is it possible to disable the TV output
> or would it be possible to set the LVDS monitor as Screen 1?

Yes, definitely (I recently did this on my 965 laptop too).  You'll need
to add a "Monitor" section to describe and disable your TV device, then
tell the Intel driver which output corresponds to that monitor, e.g.:

Section "Device"
	Identifier "Videocard0"
	Driver "intel"
	Option "monitor-TV" "TV"
	Option "monitor-VGA" "VGA"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier "TV"
	Option "disable" "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier "VGA"
	Option "RightOf" "LVDS"
EndSection

This will disable the TV output and unconditionally set the VGA output
to be right of (an extended desktop configuration) of your laptop
screen if detected at server start time.  And of course, you can always
change your resolution on the fly using xrandr or your favorite
Randr1.2 GUI app.

Jesse