[radeon] Support for AMD X1250 (IGP)?

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Fri Jul 27 13:49:33 PDT 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 20:04, you wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Sebastian Kemper <sebastian_ml at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > would it be possible for the 'radeon' driver to support AMD's X1250
> > as well? I asked the same question Jerome from xf86-video-avivo and
> > he said that the X1250 is a r400 chipset which should be supported
> > by the 'radeon' driver.
>
> I'm not sure what variant it is off hand.  IIRC, it's an avivo
> display engine with an r4xx 3D engine.  If this is the case, you'll
> need the avivo driver.  You can try the radeon driver by forcing the
> chip id to that of another XPRESS chip using the ChipId option.
>
> Alex

Thanks for your input. I tried the ChipIDs from RS400 (Radeon XPRESS
200/200M IGP), RV410 (Radeon X700, M26 PCIE), R423/R430 (Radeon X800,
M28 PCIE) and R480/R481 (Radeon X850 PCIE/AGP), none worked. I had to
hard-reset the computer every time.

This wiki page suggests that the X1250 is based on the X700:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units

I take it the X700 is _not_ an AVIVO card. The X1250 on the other hand
seems to be. Could this be the/a problem?

Regards
Sebastian

--
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

	Hunter S. Thompson