[kdepim-users] screen blanker, monitor power controls question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jun 8 02:53:28 PDT 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
>On Friday 08 June 2007 06:13, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I seem to have lost the ability to blank the screen, and eventually
>> powerdown the monitor, sometime in the last week or so.
>
>Not really a topic for kdepim-users.
>
>> Can someone give me a step by step list of stuffs to check to see what's
>> took a vacation?
>
>xset, check dpms settings;

All turned on, and an "xset dpms force off" actually turns it off.

>kcontrol, screensaver, check all is enabled there;

All is, set for 3 minutes.  A 'test' works, sitting here watching the time on
the x-clock doesn't.

an "xset s q" returns the same timeout values setup in
kcontrol->peripherals->display->power management

>may of course also be a kernel issue or x config problem if you updated
>either of those recently.

lkml's not interested, using NVIDIA driver.  And the x server by itself was
updated < a week ago by smart.

I reverted to the 9755 version of the nvidia driver because that one worked
just fine for a couple months at least.  Also reverted to a 2.6.21ish kernel
I know worked a month ago with NVIDIA 9755.

That leaves the x server that smart updated a few days ago. It went from
1.1.1-47.8 to 1.1.1-47.9.

Can the x.org folks comment here?

--
Cheers, Gene