KeyPress/Release and modifiers

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Jun 8 06:55:54 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have some program that needs to track all pressures/releases of a
given key that I access through modifiers (shift-a for instance), and I
have a problem with the modifier: if I do

- press shift
- press a
- release shift
- release a

Key events are KeyPress Shift_L, KeyPress 'A', KeyRelease Shift_L,
KeyRelease 'a'.  Just looking for 'A' for matching 'A' pressure/release
is thus not enough (since there is no KeyRelease 'A).  In this simple
example, it is easy to match 'a' as well, but for other keys this can't
be done (depends on the keymap, etc).  Is there a solution for catching
it properly?

Samuel