intel driver will only compile with gcc

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Fri Jun 8 10:39:19 PDT 2007

Kean Johnston wrote:
> I just tried to compile xf86-video-intel-2.0.0 and it won't compile
> with anything except gcc. The problem is the use of the gcc extension
Another problem I encountered was i830_exa.c tries to use variable
argument macros, which are not as portable as one would like. Not long
ago there was a discussion about this and it was deemed unacceptable to
use C99-only features, becuase X.org should be able to compile on a broader
set of platforms than those that support C99.

Does the author want to address this or should I submit a patch?

Kean